Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 10

This week was definitely a lot more productive and exciting than the first. I met with a couple managers around Solar, in addition to attending several meetings. In between those days I reviewed online courses on electronic communications, Yellowbelt Awareness, and global diversity. These are all courses related to the company.

The highlight of my week was definitely meeting Lisa Askew. She's the Human Resources Development Manager here at Solar. Her sense of humor is hilarious, and I really think I would enjoy her as my boss. We found something in common, where we both were part of an international traveling program. It's amazing how by just talking to anyone around here, you'll find at least something you have in common with them or something you can both relate to.

A challenge I had was staying engaged in all the meetings I attended. Not the one-on-one meetings, but the conferences. Although the information presented at these meetings did not apply to me as an intern, I found it a huge struggle to sit still and stay engaged. I feel as though business and office work is not suitable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment